I’m Jacquelyn, but you can call me Jax, Jacques, or Jai… just never Jackie! Most days you can find me on my mat or teaching classes throughout the North Shore. I am passionate about using yoga to help others find and accept their truest self. We live in such a busy world, often never stopping to catch our breath. It’s often hard to step away from the go, go, go of daily life. Yoga is a chance to slow down and be with your thoughts.
I am lucky to be able to share my love of yoga with my community! Yoga started as a way for me to manage my stress and anxiety, but quickly blossomed into so much more. Having danced for 18 years, yoga was a natural transition to balance mind, body and spirit. I was drawn to the supportive nature of a restorative practice, calming the nervous system while moving my body in familiar ways. My practice led me to discover a deeper connection within myself, gave me the confidence to be me without fear, and taught me that the journey is more important than the destination.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me.
1. My Patronus is a unicorn.
2. I can find a movie quote for almost every occasion.
3. If I’m not between a 4 and 7 on the emotional scale, I’m crying. (Yes, just like Kristen Bell!)
4. I could live off of Richardson’s Ice Cream!
5. I am the proud mama to two fur babies, Graceface the Wonder Dog and Sir Tucker the Cool Cat!